Sources: Lakers trying to secure another pick

By
Updated: June 18, 2017

3:24 AM ET

The Los Angeles Lakers are trying to acquire another first-round pick in this Thursday’s NBA draft, league sources told ESPN.

Report: George tells Pacers he’s leaving in ’18

Paul George has told the Indiana Pacers that he will leave the organization as a free agent after next season, according to The Vertical, which also reported that he would prefer to sign with the Lakers once he is a free agent.

  • With LaVar on hand, Lakers and Lonzo revisit

    Lonzo Ball had a second workout with the Lakers on Friday, this time with outspoken father LaVar attending. Ball did his normal on-court routine, ran hills and lifted weights, showing the team’s brass how he conditions.

  • The Lakers have engaged at least two other teams in the lottery, sources said, as they search for players to improve their outside shooting and perimeter defense.

    Los Angeles holds both the second and 28th picks in this year’s draft. While their have been inquires on the No. 2 pick, sources said it remains unlikely the Lakers would trade out of that position.

    Los Angeles is giving strong consideration to UCLA’s Lonzo Ball, Kansas’ Josh Jackson and Kentucky’s De’Aaron Fox with the No. 2 pick. Ball hosted a second workout for the Lakers on Friday — the only team he has worked out for or interviewed with. Last week Ball had considered talking to lottery teams scheduled to select below the Lakers in the draft, but sources said he still has yet to schedule any additional meetings.

    Article source: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19676744/los-angeles-lakers-trying-acquire-another-first-round-pick-nba-draft